I was unpacking some boxes today and came across a small stack of credit cards that have all expired. I went about my normal routine of destroying them and though that it might be interesting to somebody.
- First, cut horizontally through the numbers on the front of the card. You might be able to cut the numbers into a couple thin strips.
- Next, do the same with the magnetic strip on the back of the card.
- Some cards have the full card number on the back of the card, in the signature strip as well. Cut those in half too
- I then cut all of those long strips into about 1/4 inch pieces.
- Mix all of those small pieces up and divide into two trash cans. If possible, put half out with the trash one week and the second half out the next week.
That will make it pretty much impossible for somebody to recreate your card